Hi, I’m Marco. Word Octopus
Powerful writing that attracts and connects your audience
Authentic. Compelling. Personal.
A little about me….
You may be sad to discover that unlike an octopus, I don’t have eight arms. HOWEVER! I do have a limitless passion for language and for finding the right words.
I’ve spent over a decade communicating features and benefits to consumers through my sales experiences. Getting to the root of a person’s desires and needs, to then encouraging that all important final step, has been the foundation of my career.
As a copywriter, I’m bringing 1000’s of hours of mastery, and applying it to your business objectives with research led, original, and exciting content. Generic is not in my vocabulary.
This isn’t about just converting sales. This is about helping you grow, connect, and retain an audience for the long-term future.
If you’re unsure of where to start, why not submit a piece of your website or any other media for a FREE review? Details can be found further down.
Here’s what I’d like to do for you…
- Magazine Ads
- Newspaper Ads
- Direct Mail Postcards
- Brochures/ Flyers
- Sales Letters
- Social Media Ads
- Email Funnels
- Website Copy
- Landing Pages
- Product Descriptions
- Case Studies
- Launch Material
- Nurture Emails for New Customers
- Website Content
- Coaching Scripts
- Tone Guide / Persona Guide
- Social Media Content
Having the right message means everything…
People buy people. It’s an age-old saying but it’s true. When you can speak to your audience on an organic level, in their language, you’ll build loyalty, trust and business . Nobody wants generic and lucky for you, I’m anything but.
This is my world. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy analysing a business to see where things can improve, advising on strategies and then implementing them.
What does that mean for you? You won’t become an octopus like me ( I’m sorry) but you’ll see tangible results in engagement, uptake and conversions.
Did you know?
The digital market has increased massively over the last decade, we can see that everywhere we look. But what does that look like on paper and why should you care? Well, here’s a few stats that might help:
- Landing pages account for 23% of conversions
- 49% of users say they use Google to discover a new product or service
- 60% of users have contacted a business directly from a clickable ‘contact us’ option
- Over a two year period, there was a 200% growth in mobile searches for “open”+”near me”+ and “now”
- As of 2019, about 50% of all website traffic, globally, came from mobile devices
- Global B2C e-commerce sales are expected to reach $4.5 trillion by 2021
- 50% more consumers open emails with personalised messages
- 3 emails are better than 1. 90% more orders for welcome emails, 63% more for abandoned cart emails and 75% more for customer reactivation.
Believe me there’s hundreds more examples like this. You simply cannot overstate how important having a digital presence is, and perhaps more importantly (to avoid wasting it) having excellent copy to support it. After all, it’s the actual words on a page that prompt the action. Pictures are pretty, words are powerful.
FREE website review
A fresh pair of eyes really does help. Submit the link to one of your webpages and I’ll respond with a detailed review, within 72 hours.
No pressure. No nonsense.
FREE Discovery Call
- Share your story with me. It’s the details that count and I want to know as much as possible in our initial contact. Together we’ll define your business objectives, ascertain the audience and brand voice, then trade ideas.
2. If you decide that you’d like to work with me, you’ll get a detailed project summary within 48 hours to ensure your expectations are met. This will include some initial research into your industry and your competitors, as well as a quoted price and agreed-upon deadline.
3. Whether it’s over Zoom or by phone, we’ll confirm the details. What are your goals for this product/service? Who is it for? Why is it for them? What exact action(s) do you want your audience to take? I’ll help you pinpoint exactly what this project entails and the end result, before I get to work.
Concepting and Writing
4. After the deliverables have been decided I can get to work creating the copy. Depending on your business this would be the stage at which you might bring in a graphic designer, to collaborate (if required).
Edits and Reviews
5. We refine the formula until you are 100% satisfied with the services provided. The first two edits are free and anything further is charged on an individual basis.
Hand In and Invoice
6. You’re ecstatic with the tailored copy made just for you. I send the invoice, payable within 14 days.
Keep In Touch
7. There’s no limit on the growth of a business, should you need anything in the future you know I’ve got your back. We can even send Christmas Cards.